Monday, October 27, 2008

The Transplant

Many of you know that my Mom has been waiting for a lung transplant for awhile now and it finally happened, Wednesday night my Mom called me at around 8:00 pm to tell me they had a match! My initial reaction was a few tears I really wanted to be there, but didn't know if I was going to make it to San Fran be for the operation! I said a quick prayer to calm myself and collect my thoughts and then I began to pack! luckily we had a few hours of testing and waiting be for they took her down to the operating room.
Macie was with me and she woke up to be fed while they were getting Mom prepped, Mom was able to play with her and rock her to sleep!
My Mom seemed ready for this day, more so than the rest of us, Dad and I were able to stay there with her until they took her down for the operation which began at 6:20 am, she was brought up to the ICU at around 2:00 pm The surgery went well and she is making great progress, she is still in the ICU as of today but that should be changing very soon. The new lungs are functioning very well and Dad is at her side every minute possible! I am so thankful for the gospel and the love of family I have, Heavenly father blesses us in more ways than we recognize but I'm grateful for all I have!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Nicole I'm so glad that things went well and that your mother found a match. I hope she recovers well. Keep us all updated.

Wendy Day said...

Nicole,

I had no idea that your family was struggling through such a big trial. I am so grateful that she was able to have the operation. I hope that her recovery time is fast and uneventful. She is in our prayers.

Carley, John, Cohen, kennedy said...

Oh that is wonderful. What a wonderful blessing!!! I will keep her in our prayers for a speedy recovery!!! This is great!

Taggart Family said...

Dear Nicole,

Wow! What an amazing blog entry! I had no idea what your mom was facing! I am grateful to hear that all went well! Your family will certainly be in my prayers!

Mandy

The Hopkins Family said...

My mom talked to yours tonight and she said that she sounded really good. I am so glad to hear that and I know that you are even more grateful. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Papa Paradigm said...

That's great news! I'm so glad everything went well.

Susan said...

I've tagged you...Visit my blog to find out more.

Emily and Bryce said...

Nicole, I am so glad to here that it went so well. I am sure that it is a great relief to your family.

Melody said...

Any more updates on your Mom? Hope all is well.