Friday, October 17, 2008

Scooby Zooooo

As parents I think we all talk about not passing our fears onto our children, but when it comes to snakes, I'm not sure I can help it.
Jayson and I have been talking about taking Mia to the Zoo since we had her, and since we lived in Sacramento up until 4 months ago, you would have thought we would have done it by now, but no, didn't happen! So last week while we were trying to figure out what to do on Columbus Day, The Medrano's brought up the Zoo, and we were in!
Mia is in love with animals, she can pretty much do all the sounds, so we knew she would love the Zoo!
The lion was a hit and she loved the pink flamingos, as I said before, I hate snakes, so we breezed through the reptile room and onto the giraffe! needless to say she loved it!
After the Zoo we had allot of time to spare so we headed to a pumpkin patch, where we fed Goats and a scary Lama, I'm so proud of Mia and how brave she is, she went straight up to the animals and let them eat right out of her hand! We also picked out some pumpkins to carve!


It was a very fun Day, Thank you Medrano's for getting us into gear, and helping us take the girls to the Zoo!










































7 comments:

Carley, John, Cohen, kennedy said...

Ahh so cute... so much fun! Cohen has been talking about going to the zoo again lately... I'll have to get him there before too long! I love your family so cute and so fun!

Amy said...

What a cute family you have. It has been so much fun being in touch with you and your mom. Please keep me posted on you mom. By the way..... you can stalk us anytime.
Amy Jefferies

Wendy Day said...

Hurray!!! I love the zoo. The Sacramento zoo is great. We had a pass to the Hoogle Zoo here in Utah last year. It was the bomb. I could take the kids any day and spend some good mommy and me educational time with them. They love animals as well. We did have a few mishaps. Cody dropped his favorite drink cup in the Penguin enclosure once and Kaylee fell and hit her head and was unconscious for about 20 mins. That was the longest 20 mins of my life. All is well. This year we chose to get a pass to the Living Plant Aquarium. The kids love that too. What a wonderful blessing it is for us to be able to share these beautiful creations Heavenly Father has blessed the earth with with our children.

P.S. Nicole you look FABULOUS!!! and your family is so CUTE!!!

West Family said...

i love the pictures at the zoo - you have an adorable family - take care.

Sarah McM said...

So cute!! And I didn't know you had a blog... you're on my list now. :-)

ryanandsarahmc.blogspot.com

Mommy Madness said...

I have a snake PHOBIA, so I have the same concerns about passing it on to my kids. Mine is pretty irrational, but I just can't help it. When we go to the zoo, someone else can take my kids in the reptile house, and I wait outside. My sister, Stacy, tricked me into going in once (when we were kids) and I had nightmares for weeks. Anyway, it's great to see pics of you guys. WE MISS YOU!!

Heather said...

Hi Nicole! I found your blog through Valerie West. I am so excited to see your beautiful family! What gorgeous girls you have! You all look happy and wondeful! Drop me a line sometime and I'll invite you to our blog so you can see how we've grown! We have a little girl now! Love, Heather Carlson
heathercarlson617@gmail.com